Friday, May 11, 2007

Quite Possibly the Best Picture Ever!


I saw this picture of my sister, Rachel, for the first time yesterday and I have not stopped laughing yet. Rachel and her boyfriend, Jeff, made the trip up to KY for the Oaks last week. Despite ominous warnings of thunderstorms from the local weathermen, the weather was pretty good for the most part during the day. However, at around 6:00 or so, the heavens opened up and it absolutely poured. Fortunately for my group, we left the track early and had a wonderful view of the storm from our table next to the terrace at Ruth's Chris. Rachel and Jeff were not so lucky . . . just before the skies opened, Rachel, Jeff and their friends had started the 1 mile hike back to their car from Churchill Downs. This picture basically sums up Rachel's experience as she walks back to the car. Sorry, Rach, but I absolutely love this!!!! It's a classic. I especially love all of the people in the background in their rain ponchos and there is poor little Rachel, getting drenched in her little pink dress and pearls.

No comments: