Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tis the Season

We are decorating our house for Christmas this weekend ... in looking at the ornaments that Ryan dug out of storage yesterday, I was struck by the sensation that we had just put these ornaments up! I guess that is what happens when you have a baby, time just seems to fly by quicker and quicker...

At any rate, I ordered some very cute Christmas stockings for us this morning from Ballard Designs with our monograms. We already had stockings for Ryan, Pearl and I, but I had to get one for sweet baby girl and of course I wanted all of them to match! I found the cutest kiddie stockings on Pottery Barn Kids, but PB only monograms up to 8 letters which means no Alexandra on the stocking! Just as well, these from Ballard Designs are beautiful:



Speaking of Ballard Designs, look at this beautiful framed picture I found - if you're a dog lover, they have one for almost every breed imaginable!


Ryan and I have had fun in purchasing Alexandra's gifts from us and "Santa". We've only gotten a few things, since (a) she is only a baby and will be more content with the wrapping paper!, and (b) we know she is going to be getting lots of gifts from family. However, I can't wait to see her open these colorful gifts:


Alexandra's Christmas Gifts by saraclarkdavis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so funny that you mentioned something about not really going all out with presents for alexandra.....i feel the same way about sophie being happiest with paper anyway and she too will probably get a lot from family but i am always amazed at the looks people give me when i say that i'm not buying a lot for her.

Anonymous said...

we have these same stockings...love them! warmly, -melanie-

Danielle said...

Love the stocking and totally agree on minimizing the gifts for the little ones. I'm not sure we bought Colin anything last year but it didn't matter because he was more interested in eating the paper. This year I'm worried about the ornaments on the tree!

sara said...

I'm so happy to hear you all say that! As it is, our house looks like a Babies R Us show room! She has all kinds of toys she has never even played with. Her favorite toy?? The TV remote!! After Alexandra changed an "important" football game one too many times, her Dad went out and bought her the cheapest remote he could find and filled it with batteries so it would light up. She loves it! She's also a big fan of my cell phone, and has made a couple of phone calls to unsuspecting family members.