The nursery is really coming along, especially due in large part to the generosity of all of our friends and family! We had our first baby shower this past Saturday - it was an all girls shower, consisting of my mom, Ryan's mom, Ryan's aunt, a bunch of my sorority sisters, friends from college, friends from my last firm and friends from my stint in the Junior League (oddly, only one of us remains in the JL, the rest of us are JL dropouts!). My sweet and dear friend Lavin hosted the shower at Standard Country Club in Louisville - Lavin is a real trooper to have thrown this for me, particularly in light of the fact that she and her family moved the day before into a new house! The day was wonderful and I had such a blast celebrating with all of these wonderful women/
Here I am with my huge belly that is obstructing the view of the hostess, Lavin!:
My sorority sister, Tara, made the incredible cake. Not only was it a work of art (all of those flowers are icing!), but it was one of the best cakes I've ever had (yummm...strawberry). Tara, I've said it once, I've said it a million times - you could make a fortune in the wedding cake business!:


Here's some random shots of the guests, and one of me opening presents:



This last picture is great - it's of my sorority sister, Kim, and I. Kim is due 5 days ahead of me with her first baby, a little boy. We're already playing matchmaker with our kids! Everyone cracked up when Kim arrived and she and I hugged hello - we had to do a side hug because of our bellies!

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends who came to the shower (in spite of the rain showers outside!) to help us celebrate this wonderful time in our lives.
1 comment:
I think the pictures turned out well! It was good to see you. I guess the next time I see you, you'll be holding baby girl (love that by the way because it reminds me of Bernie Mac!).
Post a Comment