As you'll recall, baby girl is due on May 3rd, otherwise known by the citizens of this great state as Kentucky Derby day. Of course, the odds of her actually being born on Derby day are slim, but what a cool story would that be?!?! The timing is a little bittersweet, though, because everywhere I turn in Louisville, I am bombarded with these gorgeous spring dresses that would be perfect for Derby - or to be worn by any woman who is not almost 9 months pregnant!! In commemoration of the Derby season, I thought I would post a few of my favorite hat pictures....these come from the website for Dee's, a local crafts store that seems to always come up with some great Derby hat ideas. They are actually the ones that recreated the hat I wore to Oaks last year, which appears at the top right corner of this blog.
The first two would look fantastic with a cream strapless dress (and a good spray tan)....


I can't seem to get away from the pink and brown theme of our nursery....

Finally, I love the bright tropical colors of this last one, though I think I would ditch the flowers (but definitely keep the feathers):

Hopefully these pictures will inspire some of you ladies who are currently on the quest for a fabulous Derby hat! Have a wonderful time at the running of the roses....hopefully I'll be in a labor and delivery room at Baptist East Hospital, not going past my due date!
5 comments:
Oh I just love this time of year! I just got back from Carolina Cup. Check out my pics. It made me really want to try to get to the Derby this year!
Very cute pictures from the Carolina Cup! You should definitely try to attend the Kentucky Derby, it's a once in a lifetime experience!
Honey, when your due date is 34 days away, EVERYTHING is about the baby!
I love your blog!
Thanks for the comment, Serah - I like your blog, as well!
I love those hats! I just went to Carolina Cup and most just wear a plain hat, but those are so much more fun!
Post a Comment