Hi all! Thanks for your kind words about the morning sickness - it comes and goes, and right now it's not too bad so that is the good news. However, I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for a business trip to Boston, and I'm not entirely confident as to how the plane ride will impact the nausea - hopefully not much! I'm not looking forward to what will inevitably be two very, very long depositions of two expert witnesses in Boston, but am so excited that I will get to spend a little time with my sister, who is a chief resident at Mass General and Brigham & Women's Hospitals.
I've talked alot about my sister, Rachel, on this blog - she is an incredible physician and is gorgeous, brilliant, compassionate and funny. In her relatively short career as a physician, she has accomplished alot - be sure to check out prior posts here and here which discuss the case she had that ended up being profiled in the NY Times and Good Morning America.
I'm not sure if I have posted it on here before, but Rachel is one of the physicians that will be featured on Boston Med! In case you haven't heard of it, Boston Med is an 8 week documentary style show that is being aired on Thursday nights at 10pm on ABC. Cameras followed select physicians and nurses at Massachusetts General and Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, two of the top hospitals in the country. The series is halfway complete and so far I have been so impressed, the stories of the patients and the medical staff are AMAZING. Rachel is going to be featured on this Thursday's (July 22) episode, as well as next Thursday's (July 29) episode. I'm really interested to see what footage they end up using - actually, they came with Rachel to Alexandra's 1st birthday party last year, so that might even make it on TV, who knows?!
Here is the video profile on Rachel that ABC released shortly before the series began:
You can also read Rachel's profile on the official Boston Med website here. The profile contains a slideshow of pictures (including one of the two of us from Derby a few years ago when I had dark brown hair, if you can believe it!), as well as videos featuring Rachel.
Needless to say, my family cannot wait to see it! Unfortunately, I will be up in the air coming home from Boston when the episode airs - thank goodness for DVR! I hope you're able to tune in as well.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
how fun! I will def. be sure to watch!
Safe travels to you as you make your way to Boston! Enjoy what is sure to be a great time (outside of the depositions). Congratulations to your sister, both in her career and on the show. How exciting!
I've already blogged about how much I love Boston Med. Can't get enough of that show - I wish it was a regular series! I swear, after every episode I ask myself why I went to law school instead of med school. Can't wait to see your sis on the show this Thursday!
Hope your nausea is okay on the plane ride & enjoy your time with your sister!
I have been watching and I can't wait to see your sister! How cool!!
Good luck on the flight- don't forget your sunhat and Prego Pops!ha!
So exciting! I have watched all of the episodes so far & I have been on the "look out" for your sister & I was wondering if I had missed her. Can't wait to watch it Thursday night! :)
i'm going to set my tivo now! how exciting. hope you have a safe and nausea-less trip!
I remembered you saying something about it! I am going to have to check it out! And definitely DVR that episode! =) Hope your trip goes well!
That is so cool!!! I will have to watch! Safe travels and hope you feel well!
She is so cute! Can't wait to see it on thursday.
Safe travels! Congrats to your sister on her accomplishments, I'm sure you're a very proud sister! I hadn't heard of this show and love reality-medical shows, so I'll definitely be tuning in.
that is so cool, i have to watch, thanks for letting me know.
enjoy your trip...i love boston!
That is so exciting!! I'll definitely set my TiVo for it!
I saw the commercial the other night and I was like... Oh, I need to watch that to see your sister in action :) Congrats to her!
Wow that is so neat! Who knew? Your sister is beautiful, must run in your family, huh?! Safe travels to Beantown.
I just typed up a long comment and it disappeared - boo! So, I'll just say, I've been totally loving this series and your sis is too cute! Y'all must be so excited that she's on the show. Can't wait to watch!
Okay, so I went to record tomorrow's show (7/22) and my DVR is not saying that it's new... is it a repeat?
That is so exciting! Your sister sounds amazing. I will have to make sure and DVR that episode.
This is so cool! gonna set my DVR!
I have the dvr set but I might just be up at that hour anyways! You never know! Can't wait to see her and the footage.
i am going to set my tivo right now! can't wait~
I love Boston Med and I can't wait to see your sister on the show!! Have fun on your trip and good luck with the nausea.
That is just incredible. Way to go your sis!!
watching right now. your sister is precious. so weird that i sorta-kinda know her - ha!
not all that excited that the show started out with a little girl in cardiac arrest and her name was olivia...ugh!!!!
Just watched Boston Med. Your sister is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
can't wait to tune in next week and see your sis!
and btw---CONGRATS on baby number 2! my crazy work schedule has kept me away from blogland and i missed the announcement! how awesome! am sending many wonderful- morning-sickness-free wishes your way :)
Okay Sara...First, I watched and your sister is remarkable and not to mention beautiful! Secondly, between the six year old little sweet girl that almost died and Marvin the Louisiana heart patient that passed, I can never watch that show again!! I was crying my eyes out and when my husband asked why I continued to watch all I could say was that I wanted to see the footage of your sis. So thankful for people like her and her coworkers, but wow, I could never do it. Y'all must be so proud. Oh and saw the Derby pic of y'all! So neat!
Hi! Just found your blog tonight via leaving a comment over at Kentucky Mama on her post about Eat ,Love & Pray and saw yours and clicked to your blog...you know how it goes...anyway, you've got a fabulous blog (I live not too far away in Cincinnati and we love coming to Louisville for the Derby plus you've got great antique stores..I will be adding you to my list! Congrats on baby #2!
I think I caught a fleeting glimpse of your cutie-pie baby last night on Boston Med!
You and your sister are both so successful and attractive...your folks must be proud! They look pretty successful and attractive too! :o)
Post a Comment