Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thunder Over Louisville


I really hope we get a chance to make it to this year's Thunder Over Louisville. For those who don't live in this great state, Thunder is the big kick off to the Kentucky Derby Festival, leading up to, you guessed it, the Kentucky Derby. Supposedly, Thunder is the largest annual fireworks display in North America, during which fireworks are launched from eight 400-foot barges on the Ohio River and also on the Second Street Bridge that spans over the river. I think Ryan told me that his employer (Miller Brewing Company) is the beer sponsor for the festival, so I'm hoping we would be able to get some good seats (or at least a parking pass, it's insane trying to find a place to park in downtown Louisville for this event).

1 comment:

duchess said...

Ok - I've just stumbles upon your blog from....somewhere I don't remember where I came from.
You are seriously making me miss Louisville. We lived there for a couple of years right after we got married and it is so much fun this time of year.
Hope you have a great time celebrating the Derby!