Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's All In the Details

The hour is getting late, and after a very late bed time last night (1:00 a.m., I have no idea why I was up so late and could not fall asleep even after I went to bed!), I'm going to try to turn in early tonight. I have a LONG day ahead of me, and will be on the road for a deposition at Wake Forest University in North Carolina...my flight leaves in the 8:00 hour tomorrow morning and I will get home at MIDNIGHT. What a day, what a day!

I did want to share a few pictures I took this morning of our office and the building in which our office is located. The building was built in the late 1800s and has so many beautiful structural details, I tried to catch a few. These pictures will be featured on our new website which should be up and running in a couple of days - very exciting!







I just love this bright and colorful horse that sits across the street from our office - I think he was part of the Gallopalooza display that ran in downtown Louisville a year or two ago.



Before turning in for the night, maybe I'll give myself a few minute to try to scout out some finds on Craigslist. I've been itching to get some pieces for a steal and make them over. What wouldn't I give to be able to turn a piece like this:


and this:


Into something lovely like this, just with the touch of a paint brush and a little bit of beautiful fabric:


This is the beautiful handiwork of Tobi Fairley, an interior designer who is featured regularly in Traditional Home - I love her work! This great desk and chair rehab can be found here on Tobi's blog.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

Paige said...

So very beautiful!

Lucy said...

Beautiful building!
I love Tobi's work too, I've been seeing so many images I like recently only to discover they are her rooms! I don't know if you heard the interview with her recently on the Skirted Roundtable but it was interesting and worth listening too if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the eye candy this morning girl! I needed it! Hope your having a great week! xoxo

Kelsey712 said...

that staircase is amazing!

Oh, and being a horse girl, I love those painted horses that are all over Louisville!

Have a good flight, I was in North Carolina last week. Flying to Winston Salem is a mess because nobody flies there directly and you still have to drive from Greensboro... YUCK!

Sharstin said...

wow the building is amazing! and I love those fun pieces you have found!

Nat said...

So pretty!! I love historic office buildings!

melissa said...

What a gorgeous office building you work in! And how totally creative and gorgeous is that desk/chair rehab? I would never in a million years think to paint that desk green but it works.

Mrs. Shelton said...

Your office is beautiful! I love Louisville! Have a nice trip!

Amanda said...

um wow...that is all I can say.

Ruth said...

The office building is beautiful!!

Jess said...

What an incredible building! I love old architecture! That desk and chair set is SO cute, too. I would love to try a project like that :)

Hope your day goes well!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love everything about this post! The building is divine. How inspiring to go to work everyday in a building like that!

And I am equally inspired by the lovely desk & chair makeover you included. What a fun color combo she chose! Isn't craigslist the best?!

Have a wonderful weekend...enjoy North Carolina! (we just moved from Charlotte 6 months ago and I miss NC so much... it is truly my home!)

House Queen said...

I love these pictures!!!! WOW! Just found your blog but LOVE.IT!!! Have a great Easter!

Deborah said...

Such beautiful photographs. Your blog is amazing.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh my gosh it is gorgeous!! I wish I had a table like that for our wedding!!! It is absolutely beautiful :) Happy Easter!! xx

Heather said...

I just discovered your blog. I love it. Your daughter is so beautiful. She really is. She looks so sweet too. Your office building looks amazing. We were in Louisville over Easter and really enjoyed it. What a great city. I am a lawyer too - I do business litigation in Raleigh, NC. I am so glad to have found your blog. Take care.